I really need to spend some time finishing the quilts I have piled on my shelves. Today I found some of the blocks I made for my version of Lucy Boston’s Patchwork of the Crosses quilt.
My blocks are large – 12 inches across the diagonal – so that means the individual pieces are large. It’s easy to cut them, using acrylic templates. (I love acrylic templates – I have sets for so many blocks in my template collection!)
There’s no point using EPP to sew pieces this size together so I’ve hand pieced mine. It’s simple sewing and the blocks come together easily.
When I started on this quilt (about 2015, I think) I decided to use only black-and-white prints and a blue solid. Luckily I still like that combination, so the project may see the light of day again soon. 😀